DK Legal provides legal advice to charities and social enterprises across a wide range of areas. These include:
• New charity registrations
• Incorporations, mergers and restructures
• Contracts and procurement
• Constitutional issues and amendments
• Commercial and business issues
• Company secretarial issues
• Governance and compliance
• Grant agreements and fundraising
• Data protection and GDPR compliance
• Release of restricted funds
• Charity and company regulatory requirements
• Liaison with the Charity Commission and other regulators
• Community Interest Companies
I am a qualified solicitor specialising in work for charities and social enterprises and I own and manage DK Legal. I have more than ten years’ expertise in the not-for-profit sector and understands the challenges facing such organisations and the need for clear and cost-effective solutions to legal issues which arise.
I qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Since then I have worked in private practice, as a legal advisor at the Charity Commission and as Head of Legal for a major UK charity. In 2016, I founded DK Legal with the ambition to provide the sector with access to high quality, specialist legal advice at an affordable fee.
I have served on the boards of various charities and am currently part of the leadership team establishing a new micro-finance charity. This focus professionally and personally reflects my passionate support for the vital work which charities, not-for-profits and social enterprises contribute to our society.